Thursday, August 26, 2010

FROM A GRADUATE: My Block Schedule

I have six classes in this order:

1 - Humanities (Social Studies)
2 - Humanities (English)
3 - Earth Science
4 - Spanish 1
5 - Geometry
6 - PE

But, my school has a block schedule, so we have only three classes a day; alternating classes every other day.

So, on odd days, this is my schdule:
1 - Hum. Social Studies
Advisory/Homeroom
Break
3 - Earth Science
Lunch
5 - Geometry

On even days, this is my schedule:
2 - Hum. English
Advisory/Homeroom
Break
4 - Spanish 1
Lunch
6 - PE

We get out early on Wednesdays for community service so on that day, the schedule is like this:
Period:
1/2
3/4
Break
5/6

Confusing right? I know. I was confused at first too :).

Other high schools usually have (I think, but not all) six classes a day. But, I find it easier to have three instead. It focuses on the subject more since there's extra time and it gives me a chance to do a better job at the homework too since it's not due right after today.

So, example:
Today's Thursday, and I had an even day schedule. Then tomorrow, I'll have my odd day schedule.

By the way, I miss Hillwood's hot lunch :( I have to bring a cold peanut-butter/jelly sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment