In order to be considered, you must be between the ages of 10-14 (must be 10 years old by November 1, 2013) and complete all of the following. Ms. Moorhead can help you pull together an application, but you will need your parent okay to participate.
And remember: Everything is due on September 27, so plan ahead if you are interested in applying!
- a typed news article (maximum 400 words) about your community. The article must include at least two quotes from at least two interviews.
- a typed essay (maximum 250 words) that answers the questions:
- Why do you want to be a Kid Reporter?
- What do you hope to learn as a Kid Reporter?
- two ideas for stories about your community that you would like to work on as a Kid Reporter.
- a basic background information form that lets Kids Press Corps editors know more about you and help us select a diverse group of kids from all over the country.
- a Student Release Form (form provided by Scholastic must be completed and signed by your parent/legal guardian).