Friday, November 5, 2010

The Giants Parade

On Monday, November 1st, the San Francisco Giants beat the Texas Rangers, and won the World Series.

Anya and I, Camryn, went to the Giants Parade on Wednesday, November 3rd. The whole Giants' team was there.

At the parade I, Anya, sat on a newspaper box and could see some of the parade. It was crazy, and I've never seen so many people in one place. I also caught some confetti. Mrs. Woods, our teacher, gave me a rally towel to wave around. I took the MUNI, but it was so crowded my mom had to pushed me on through the crowd.

At the parade, I was pushed against a barricade, and unfortunately, I couldn't see anything. I was stuck between many people, and 3 of them fainted because they couldn't get any air. I arrived at 9:45 am and stayed until about 3:15. I caught a rally rag thrown by staff. There were many news reporters who were surprised by the turn out. I also took the MUNI, and like Anya, I had to push through the crowd to get on.

According to SF Gate, the amount of passengers on BART broke a record, with 522,000 passengers. There were over 3,200 children who played hooky the day of the parade. Some people got to the parade around 4:00 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment