Guinea Pig Virtual Pet

Friday, October 9, 2015

Health officials warn people, pets away from water with blue-green algae


The symptoms are: eye irritation, gastrointestinal distress, muscle tremors and breathing difficulty. In larges groups the algae can cause lung problems which can lead to death. Officials say they have cases where the dogs go in and when they come out, 30 minutes later they have signs of death and die.

Sacramento officials are doing everything they can to warn people about evidence of blue-green algae. Last Monday after a dog swam in the Sand Cove Park Beach the dog died. Other dog owners also warned the owner of the dog that it had blue-green water.

Blue-green algae has already killed at least 3 dogs in Sonoma and Mendocino counties in September. No human death had been recorded with this algae. Unfortunately if humans drink this water it can cause severe injuries or even death.
                                                                      
Officials advise people to stay away from foam water, scum or mats. Blue-green algae, is also known as cyanobacteria. It can be found in fresh or marine waters. But its contact with organs can cause very severe injuries to the humans health.


To some people blue-green algae may be hard to identify. After dogs come out of the water they should wash their pets off. Officials have taken tests but somehow the tests come out with no toxin which gives them a better idea that is the algae causing these deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment