What is a movie?
- What kind of movies are there?
What are the different elements used in making a movie?Pictures: Show us
Words: Tell us
Music: Makes us feel a certain way
Lighting: Sets the mood
Sounds: Places us in the scene
We Can We Make a Movie But We need Your Story
Take a picture of your finished storyboard and post it on the Hillwood Blog. Make sure you write a synopsis to “sell” me your idea. Pretend I am a big studio and I only have enough money to make a few movies, explain why yours is the best idea!
Review Storyboards and let’s decide if we will make the movie or all work on one movie together.
- Make a Plan
- What do you need?
- Examples: camera, microphone, locations, props, permissions?
- Decide on which job you will be doing (sometimes you will do all these jobs at once!)
- Examples: actor, camera operator, director, production planner, sound recorder, lighting operator
- Make a list of what you need to make your movie
- Examples: Who is helping you? Do you need permission to film in that location? Does the weather matter? rain, wind? Who is bringing the props and camera?
Post your plan on The Hillwood Herald under your storyboard and make a check list of all the things that you will need to make your movie.
Class 3Let's make a movie!
Review Plans, and shoot video