Guinea Pig Virtual Pet

Friday, September 13, 2013

Beware of Poisonous Meatballs with unsupecting pets

Watch your dogs because in Twin Peaks, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley, and Bernal Heights, where there have been dog poisonings.

A woman named Dorothy Shechter had a dog named Oskar, which ate one of these meatballs. She took Oskar for their Wednesday July 4th 8:30 am walk when Oskar ate something from the ground. She tried getting it out of his mouth but it was too late. Minutes later she noticed that Oskar was having a seizure. She thought he was afraid of the forth of July fireworks, but she realized that it was much more than that. Right away she took him to the vet. The vet said that they would keep him for observation.

Shechter said her and her neighbors gathered bags of balls of meat to bring to the police. They gathered at least 50 pieces of meat. Thursday Oskar was in critical but stable condition. The vet also noticed that he had eaten strychnine. Strychnine is a white poisonous drug.

If you EVER encounter these poisonous meatballs, call 911, the shelter, or animal control RIGHT AWAY! This will hurt small children, as well! Don't ever let this happen to anyone or any animal. Some symptoms of these meatballs is agitation, seizures, hypothermia, trouble breathing, and sensitivity to sound, light and touch. Dorothy is giving out a $2,000 reward to whoever finds him and gets him caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment