Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lorenzo Da Ponte: Memoirs

I'm back again with my homework over different breaks:/ This time, over Easter break, I have been assigned to write a review on my book report. The book was Lorenzo Da Ponte: Memoirs. So, here it is! Enjoy!

This stunning depiction of Lorenzo Da Ponte's life, from Da Ponte's perspective, will vividly lighten your day! Why did Da Ponte do what he did? How did he handle the situation? The information that you read on Wikipedia or any other source cannot beat this tale of Da Ponte's life.

Don't know who Da Ponte was? What about Mozart? I bet you know who Mozart was! Everybody knows Mozart! Mozart wrote many operas, three of which are Le Nozze di Figaro, Cosi fan tutte, and Don Giovanni. "What does this have anything to do with some guy named Da Ponte?" That's what you're probably thinking right now. But wait! All three libretti were written by Lorenzo Da Ponte! To be more precise, Da Ponte started writing the libretto for Cosi fan tutte for another composer named Antonio Salieri. For some unfathomable reason, Mozart ended up writing the opera itself. Don't ask me why. 

I give the memoirs four and a half stars. Definitely recommend this to any classical music lover!!!


Written by: Rubina Mazurka    Want more operatic articles? Go to The Freako Diva!   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment