Dozens Still Feared Captive, Algeria Seeks ‘Peaceful’ End
2. What article is featured in the middle of the home page, with the picture? Is it news or opinion?
3. What heading do you see in the box on the right hand side of the home page? What can you assume about the articles whose headlines you see here?
To say what they think.
4. Write the headline of the editorial.
The opinion pages.
5. What Op-Ed pieces do you see in today's paper?
- Brooks: Next Four Years
- Krugman: The Dwindling Deficit
- Cohen: Blight of Return
6. Write the names of the columnists whose work appears.
- Adam Nossiter
- Rick Gladstone
- Steven Erlanger
- Michael Cooper
- Dalia Sussman
- Al Baker
- Mark Santora
- Gina Kolata
- Michael Barbaro
- Matt Flegenheimer
- Jad Mouawad
- Christopher Drew
- Margalit Fox
Where it says Opinion. The article is called The Long Wait.
8. Write two headlines in the Arts section. Are these news or opinion articles?
- The Spirits Are Back in Force in Brooklyn: News
- A Place to Put All Those Curiosities: News
- Comparing the Quality of Care in Medicare options. News
- Segregation Linked in Study with Lung Cancer Deaths. News
This is the scavenger hunt that i did. The answers may not all be right but i did and tried my best to figure them out. I hope, if you are one of those people who did it, I hope you got all of the right answers as well!!!
Written By: Claire :)