Interviewing is the most significant way for reporters to get information. Like all of us here at The Hillwood Herald.
Here are the top eleven tips for interviewing:
• Schedule the interview ahead of time.
• Do some research on the person your interviewing.
• Say what is your name.
• Try to get the truth.
• Respect the person who your interviewing.
• Get to your interview early.
• Dress nicely for your interview.
• Write down all your question and ask to tape record them.
• Take some notes during the interview.
• Think of some answers you want to get.
• Be professional.
This is a professional interview with Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Walters. We are highlighting this not for the politics (it is from 2006) but for the interviewing techniques. Also, Nancy Pelosi is a neighbor to Hillwood. You can read more about her in Irene's story.