Friday, May 1, 2009

Applying for High School in San Francisco

This is and interesting topic and everyone, especially those from 6th-8th, should read this.

Applying for high school seems simple at first, but it can get to be a very stressful process, unless you take it easy, don't stress out, and start early. For example, start looking at high schools when you are in 7th grade, and it will make the process much easier. Look at deadlines and find out when things such as financial aid and entrance applications are available. Look for applications during the summer between 7th and 8th grade. This will allow for adequate time for getting adjusted to this process, which will take about all of 8th grade.

Some of my personal experiences taught me a lot, and I think they will be very useful to you. Some of the applications I filled out were online; however, it is still helpful to have a copy of the applications for later reference. Also, a few tests will be required during this process. When I was at that part of the process, which is usually towards the end, I was very relieved. Even though you may feel like you will not do well, it will be okay, especially if you went to Hillwood. However, one test I took, my math placement test, to see which math class I would be placed in Freshman year, made me slightly nervous. I know that not everyone is the best at math, but don't freak out and if you are one of those people just take some math tutoring lessons or ask your teacher for extra help.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of info, and now I will give you a list of some of the most important things to think about and do when applying for high school.

(1) Keep your cool and stay on top of things.

(2) Start early, as in the summer in between 7th and 8th grade.

(3) If you need help, ask your teacher or the Grantzes, who were very helpful in my application process.

(4) Don't let the process overwhelm you and, never send in something with out reviewing it or making a copy of it.

Listen to Irene interview Darien about the high school application process.

No comments:

Post a Comment