Friday, February 21, 2020

Dangerous Phishing Websites for Teens: Whisper

     "Whisper" is a social media website in which users can post photos and messages anonymously. However, people can also anonymously stalk users. There have also been privacy concerns and claims that Whisper users can get hold of other people's personal information.
     With rising concerns of Whisper users possibly being stalked or having their personal information hacked, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT USING WHISPER!

A random teen looking online: Oh, hey. I should probably post something more recent so my followers can catch up on my life.
Teen taps on Whisper website. Looks at the recent posts from other people about hair products, photos of people in other countries, and cool food. Then teen begins to post.
Teen takes pictures from photo storage and posts it on Whisper.
Post: Hey, peeps! Just so you can catch up on my recent drama, I went to Argentina recently and got to pet some cool llamas.
(Shows picture of teen in front of llama with a peace sign on their fingers. Next photo shows llama eating teens hair and teen screaming.)
Post: Apparently, when I went to pet the llamas, they decided my hair smelled nice because of the sweet-smelling shampoo I had in my hair. The one I pet then began eating my hair. LOL. we've had some awesome food here in Argentina and I can't wait to see what else I get to try. Anyway, give me some of those likes my dudes. Love you guys!
Teen: Aaaaand post! Great! The likes are skyrocketing!
Two Weeks Later
Teen's new post: Hey, peeps! I got back from Argentina. But now I think I'm getting stalked! This guy keeps following me around in this black hoodie. I think I should call the police but I can't see his face. Also, I have this gut leaving weird comments about my posts. Just recently, he threatened me. I think he's the same guy who is following me around. I'm getting nervous so be safe. Peace.
Ding-Dong!!
Teen: MOM! CAN YOU GET THE DOOR?
No answer.
Teen: Mom?! (Curses) That's right! They're out.
Ding-Dong! Ding-Dong! Ding-Dong!
Teen: COMING!
Teen gets up from desk and walks to their front door. Teen opens door. In the doorway is a man in a black hoodie. Most of his face is covered by the hoodie, but his mouth is showing.
Man: Hello. I've been following you on Whisper. I hope you got those death threats I kindly commented to you after your posts. I couldn't reach you in Argentina, but since you posted when you were getting back and where you live, I found you.
Teen: I-you . . . AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

People this honestly never happened. I was given permission to right a screenplay, and I may have added a bit of dramatization. But, honestly, I do NOT trust Whisper and neither should anyone else.

Random pervert: Oooo! I didn't know people were stupid enough to post their personal information on Whisper. I've got some juicy stuff written down now, but that's not what I need. Starting new post. 
Three Days Later
Pervert: Nice. Three hundred likes and, so far, I haven't gotten caught. 
Pervert  goes to Notes. Writes down information they got from Whisper and plans to do with that information.
Pervert: Nice. Time to go spread some blood.

So, you got the main picture from those two screenplays, I hope. On Whisper, even if you are smart enough not to post your personal information, there are ways to get a hold of your personal information. 
Now that you got some info about Whisper, BE SAFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment