Guinea Pig Virtual Pet

Friday, February 21, 2014

How Much Can Chocolate Hurt a Dog?

How much can chocolate actually hurt dogs?  It really depends on how much they eat and what their wieght is.  A dog can eat 1/10 of their body wieght and we did the same thing, we both would have the same problems.  Those problems can very.  Dogs eating chocolate can lead to vometing, diarrhea, and in extreme cases, herat rates can go up which leads to siezures.

If your dog eats dark chocolate, it can be a lot more toxic.  9 pounds of of milk chocolate can cause siezures to a 20 pound dog can cause siezures.  It only takes 1.5 ounces of bakers chocolate to do that.  Chocolate poisoning shows after 6 to 12 hours after they eat it.

The siezures don't stop unless they are treated.  If this happens, you need to head to an emergency veternarian.  You should also doi this if you your dog is repeatedly vometing.

These are some things that you should look out for if/when your dog eats lots/some chocolate.

Written By:  Claire P.

No comments:

Post a Comment