On Tuesday, September 8 — the first day of school for Hillwood students — the President addressed the country's students by video. What did he tell students? What did you consider the most important parts of his talk?
Remember to answer the five W's of a basic news story. To you, what was the most newsworthy aspect of President Obama's speech?
You may want to consider one or two other questions if you have time:
Link to the transcript -- or words -- from the Presidential address. The page is here.
- What is the speech about?
- What does the President challenge students to do?
- What is your favorite quotation -- or word-for-word sentence -- by the President?
- Who came up with the idea?
- Has any other president presented a speech to students? (Hint: Two.)
Embed the Presidential video in your blog post.
Julian G., you will be interviewing the other students with this assignment about their stories. After you finish writing your story, come up with three to five question. You will ask each student one question.