Sunday, July 19, 2009

June 12, 2009: Graduation

Hey everyone! Are you having a good summer? Just want to tell you guys about Graduation Day. Now, I know I should've posted an entry right after Graduation but I forgot. =3

Class of 2009

Anyways, for those of you who didn't attend Graduation, I'll give you a description of what happened. Darien Caine, an 8th grader at Hillwood, has been accepted to Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory and Stuart Hall High School as well at the Scholar level. He is attending Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory in the fall.

Hillwood Foundation Incentive Scholarships

During the party, Hillwood Foundation Scholarship checks were awarded to fellow Herald bloggers Darien Caine, Brigette Wang, and I (Irene Xie). Darien received the $200 award for "General Academic Excellence", Brigette received the $50 award for excellence in Language, and I also received the $50 award for Spelling. I also won the stock market challenge. Aren't Darien and Brigette awesome? I'm so proud! Hehehe.

Kindergarten Graduates

You know, not just Darien graduated to high school. Our six little kindergarteners also graduated to first grade! They have done very well this year and are very excited to enter the first grade. As for our two first graders, I'm sure they can't wait to go to second grade in Ms.Tom's class.

Source: 'June Party' Newsletter, Me from experiencing the party

Pictures: My mom's phone

2 comments:

  1. As usual, Irene, excellent photos!

    Have you started contemplating the high-school application process? I would enjoy reading a step-by-step guide for applying to local high schools. Perhaps that's something we could pull together for the The Herald?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, Irene, excellent photos!

    Have you started contemplating the high-school application process? I would enjoy reading a step-by-step guide for applying to local high schools. Perhaps that's something we could pull together for The Herald?

    ReplyDelete